[Asterisk-Users] illegal instruction - on Via board

dkwok dkwok at iware.com.au
Mon Jun 7 23:37:00 MST 2004

I have sorted out the problem of compiling the CVS 040608. When launched
the server die with " illegal instruction" error.

Although the Makefile in asterisk is changed to PROC=i586. The Makefile
in codecs/ilbc still has a line of reference by using uname -m which
will come up with i686 architecture. So if you change that line 1 to:

CFLAGS+=-Wall -Werror -fPIC -O3 -march=i586 -funroll-loops
-fomit-frame-pointer
LIB=libilbc.a

So I wonder the line should be -march=$(PROC) or just hardcord to i586
instead. I am not training in programming, please correct me if I am
wrong. This should be submited to asterisk so that they can fix the bug too.

It will compile and work correctly.

--
David Kwok, CISSP
Tel: 612 82315701 ext 1002