[Asterisk-Users] dialplan experts needed

Matthew Simpson matthew at symatec-computer.com
Mon Jun 7 21:34:50 MST 2004

In this dialplan, the SIP user agent is a Sipura two line adapter with line
1 as SIP ID "1000" and line 2 as SIP ID "2000".  Basically I have this set
up so that 1000 and 2000 are "lines in hunting" on incoming extension "555".

I want an incoming call to try to ring ext. 1000, if 1000 is busy, then ring
2000, if 2000 is also busy than ring Voicemail.  Here is what I have now and
it seems to work okay:

exten => 555,1,Dial(SIP/1000,30)
exten => 555,102,Dial(SIP/2000,30)
exten => 555,103,VoiceMail2(u3278)
exten => 555,104,Hangup
exten => 555,2,VoiceMail2(u3278)
exten => 555,3,Hangup

Is this correct?  What if there were a third SIP device "3000" ?  Would it
look like:

exten => 555,1,Dial(SIP/1000,30)
exten => 555,102,Dial(SIP/2000,30)
exten => 555,103,Dial(SIP/3000,30)
exten => 555,104,Voicemail2(u3278)
exten => 555,105,Hangup
exten => 555,2,VoiceMail2(u3278)
exten => 555,3,Hangup

That doesn't seem correct.  Also, quick note, the user does not want to have
a different busy and unavailable message, so that is why I have it set up to
always be the "unavailable" message for voicemail.

thanks for the help!
Matthew