[Asterisk-Users] Re: DNS SRV records

Duane duane at e164.org
Mon Jun 7 18:09:48 MST 2004

Adam Goryachev wrote:

> In fact, I think it would be nice if all modules/apps/chans/etc were
> marked noload by default (except the bare minimum required to get
> asterisk to start with no channels...).

Then this goes back to my original point, I will not suggest people use
SRV records if they want to receive calls as a large majority of
Asterisk users won't be able to call them. If they want a simple method
of allowing calls they should use enum, least then it's obvious that it
isn't a email address and that they would possibly need to enable a few
things to make it work.

--

Best regards,
  Duane

http://happysnapper.com.au - Sell your photos over the net!
http://e164.org - Using Enum.164 to interconnect asterisk servers

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the
stream always wins; not through strength, but through persistence."