[Asterisk-Users] Re: DNS SRV records

Mon Jun 7 15:33:37 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 13:27, Randy Bush wrote:
> > Exactly my point, by ***DEFAULT*** Asterisk won't use SRV records,
>
> is this a feature or a bug?

A feature of course, IMHO, nothing should be enabled by default. Let's
not do a MS Windows product...

In fact, I think it would be nice if all modules/apps/chans/etc were
marked noload by default (except the bare minimum required to get
asterisk to start with no channels...).

Then, any new bug that was discovered, would only affect some small
percentage of people who actually were using that part of asterisk.

Personally, I've done a large part of this, but it isn't always easy to
know which bits are part of the bare minimum and which bits are cheesy
extras (like enum and SRV records)...

Just my 0.02c worth...

Regards,
Adam