[Asterisk-Users] Compiling Asterisk with G.723.1

Achilles Bochoris anathema96 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 11:43:54 MST 2004

Hello,

I am relatively new to Asterisk and I need to compile the G.723.1 codec for Asterisk. I downloaded the ITU source code, placed it in the codecs directory, but apparently Asterisk needs a rather different library than the one provided from ITU.

As I've seen in the mailing list archives, there are quite a few users who were able to compile G.723.1 in *, so, could someone kindly share it with me in order to be able to use this codec?

Thanks in advance,
Achilles.