[Asterisk-Users] Multiple DDI & Hunting on Analog Lines (UK)

Julien Levi jules at jlevi.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 08:46:25 MST 2004

Matt wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I want to get multiple DDI's and hunting across those DDI's in case one of the lines is busy using analog phone lines.  The system is for a large house so I want 3 x PSTN lines.  3 x DDI's and the ability for those DDI's to be presented across all three PSTN lines.
>
> BT say you can't have more than one DDI number associated with a PSTN line and that you can't hunt across analog lines.

<snip>

Line hunting across analog lines is possible and it is free. BT call it
Auxiliary working. Take a look at this page:

http://www.aaisp.net.uk/aa/twolines.html

It's not something they often do on home lines so be prepared for sales
staff who don't know what they are talking about.

DDI on analog lines is more complicated and I believe there is a set-up
charge of over £1000 (see
http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/current/docs/Exch_Lines.boo/1228.htm
) If you must have multiple numbers you'd be better off with an isdn line.

regards,

--
Julien