[Asterisk-Users] BRI In the states

Brian Cuthie brian at systemix.com
Mon Jun 7 08:35:39 MST 2004

Scott Nelson wrote:

>On Monday June 7 2004 09:22, Daniel Jimenez wrote:
>

>>No one has any comments on this? No recommendations, or "you are stupid
>>for trying that" or anything?
>>

>How about, "I'm interested too?"  I've had an ISDN line for ages, but I've
>always used a Terminal adapter.  Now that my office is looking into VOIP
>options and I'm the guinnea (spelling?) pig, it would be nice to combine
>everything with Asterisk.  I think.

I've been running Nortel switches here in the states with BRI trunking
for more than a decade. I am constantly told that  the audio coming out
of our office is nothing short of stunning. BRI is a great thing for
voice, although in this country the phone companies just can't stop
thinking "data" when you talk to them about it.

Would really like to stick an Asterisk box between the CO and the Nortel
switch if anyone comes up with a BRI card that works in the US. Another
problem is that all the Euro-BRI cards are ST interface. Here in the US
BRI is delivered from the LEC as a U.

-brian