[Asterisk-Users] BRI In the states

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Mon Jun 7 07:37:48 MST 2004

Daniel Jimenez wrote:

>> Hi all.
>>
>> I've ordered a TDM400P with 4 FXO, but after using my X100P I'm
>> thinking about returning the TDM400P because of bad echo issues. If I
>> do get the echo issues I'll look at digital options.
>>
>> My question: Is anyone using ISDN (BRI) in the states? I've heard
>> ISDN4LINUX devices suffer bad echo but chan_capi works great. All the
>> chan_capi cards I find though are for overseas (ie europe etc).
>>
>> Would I be better off looking at a fractional PRI? I'm only using 4
>> lines right now. I think a fractional PRI would be over kill.
>

> No one has any comments on this? No recommendations, or "you are stupid
> for trying that" or anything?

I have a ASUSCOM passive card and a BRI circuit, but I can't get it to
work.  I've tried both isdn4linux and capi.  I suspect problems with the
card.

I couldn't find a supplier in the US so I got the card from a supplier
in the UK.  With DSL in the UK, it's now hard to find passive cards,
especially US compatible.  I'm reluctant to suffer the shipping costs to
replace this card.

I'm thinking BRI for voice is a dead issue, at least here in the states.

Thoughts?

Mike

--
Michael Welter