[Asterisk-Users] max asterisk load

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Jun 7 07:23:33 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 07:10, shabanip wrote:
> thanks everybody for your answers,
> I finally decided to change my pbx configuration to:
>
>     - 1 x TE410P/TE405P quad T1
>     - 3 x TA750 CB (60 FXO)
>     - echo cancellation will be used on fxo channels
>     - up to 600 registered sip phone
>     - using ulaw as default codec for all connections
>     - voicemail, ACD, IVR and MOH will be used
>     - conference will be rarely used.
>
> whats your recommended pc now? Is one * box enough for this job?

Your still broken. Too many analog FXO ports. Do you want headaches on a
regular basis? Do you wish this to fail? Look into PRA/I or what ever
the flavor of ISDN you have that exceeds 2 B channels per copper pair.
You will most likely see a savings in your phone bill to start with. You
will definitely see a savings in hardware by a few thousand dollars.

The number of SIP phones isn't very relevant except for when they need
to use special functions on the PBX. When a SIP to SIP call is made,
asterisk should get out of the loop unless you  need access to MOH in
such cases.

So your PBX only needs to be concerned with your PSTN connectivity plus
a few calls at a time for voicemail. So at max 120 call legs dealing
with PSTN and say 20-30 for voicemail. With no compression of the audio,
you might be able to handle that in a nice dual proc machine with a
really good and stable ethernet card.