[Asterisk-Users] polycom soundpoint ip500 help

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Sat Jun 5 11:09:33 MST 2004

I just received a shipment of ip500's.
They came with no documentation and a cd with a bunch of windows stuff
on it.
I could not find any config or load files on the cd.

No problem.  I found a pointer to config and load files via the wiki.
Fired up the phone, gave it a static ip and watched it asking for tftp
files.
Copied the files in to place.  It successfully download new boot and sip.

Now the only thing it will do is just send out CDP packets.
No display (other than initial polycom logo) or keyboard response.

The folks at polycom explained to me that the reseller should be helping
me, but
they tried anyway.  We were never able to bring it back to life or a
factory default.
Some how I seem to have turned on the cisco switch and do not know how
to get it back.
We tried all the magic multi button pushing and hand shakes.

Anyone have an suggestions?

Can anyone suggest a good polycom reseller that will provide boot and
sip load images?

I sure like the way these phones look and feel.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com