[Asterisk-Users] change cisco ata 186 dial behaviour

dkwok at iware.com.au dkwok at iware.com.au
Sat Jun 5 03:13:23 MST 2004

I have ata-186 and grandstream connected to asterisk using sip. I have a
voip account with ATP, in Australia. In order to ring HK, I need to dial
0011852xxxxxxxx.

Grandstream behaves normally and send the whole series of digits and it
connects ok. But ATA-186 somehow only allow only 11 digits. ON the console
it was only 0011852xxxx. The last 4 digits got truncated.

I have tried another trick. This time I prepend 0011 to the 11 digits.
Again Grandstream works correctly. But ATA 186 again only sends
0011852xxxx.

Very strange indeed.

On another matter with ATA- 186, I cannot activate line 2 by putting entry
in uid1, there is absolute dead. Would it be hardware issue??