[Asterisk-Users] miserable time with Cisco ATA186

Stewart Nelson sn at scgroup.com
Fri Jun 4 17:14:33 MST 2004

Hi Matt,

On the ATA, set TxCodec=2 and RxCodec=2 (G.711u).
Also, set AudioMode=0x00160016 , which will force G.711 .
After saving, reload the /dev page to be sure that these
values are set as expected.

In Asterisk, allow=ulaw only.

If it still doesn't work, use the NPrintf field and
prserv, Ethereal, or Asterisk itself to trace the SIP.
The problem may not be (only) codec negotiation.

Don't throw out your ATA.  We have several in our
network, and they have better voice quality and
fewer glitches than our other adapters.

--Stewart