[Asterisk-Users] Problem with T1 PRI line resetting/dropping calls.

Gary Franczyk gary at de-scribe.com
Fri Jun 4 12:02:03 MST 2004

I searched the archives and nothing seemed to fit the problem.  Most of the
posts I have found say what you said... "this was just discussed", but I
cannot find any good information about the actual discussion.  If you can
send a link to the thread you are talking about, I will check it out.

It is unlikely that it is a load issue.  This sometimes happens in the
middle of the night when there is almost no one using the system.  I haven't
seen a real corelation between the dropped calls and system load.  It does
nothing else.  Not even backups.  The T1 reset seems to come at random
times.

The system only accepts incoming calls... usually only during business
hours, with heavier load during the afternoon.   The disks system is a two
disk raid-1 mirror.

I started a vmstat 1 to file... but I don't know if I have enough disk space
to keep that much output around.  I will try.