[Asterisk-Users] Problem with T1 PRI line resetting/dropping calls.

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jun 4 10:52:13 MST 2004

On Friday 04 June 2004 13:09, Gary Franczyk wrote:
> I am having a serious problem with my Asterisk system.  Every few days, my
> PRI line resets and drops all calls.  I get these errors in the messages
> log:
>
> Jun  3 02:41:11 WARNING[11276]: PRI: Read on 39 failed: Unknown error 500

This has been discussed very recently; you might want to check the list
archives.  From what I remember someone is pinning it down to system (CPU?)
load -- error 500 being when the FIFO in the cap card is empty and has no
audio to send.

Is your system doing anything else other than running *?  How many channels?
What's the call *setup* volume like?  (i.e. quiet and then 50 calls get made
at once type of thing)  What is the disk subsystem?

Run 'vmstat -n 1' for a couple hours when the call drops are likely to occur
and log the output somewhere.  Hell, run vmstat -n 1 and leave it spewing to
a log file somewhere and when the calls drop correlate the last few seconds'
worth of this file to the drop and post it...

-A.