[Asterisk-Users] Time based calls charging and "reserved" numbers up to 999!

John Fraizer tvo at enterzone.net
Fri Jun 4 11:06:52 MST 2004

Senad Jordanovic wrote:

> In United Kingdom, we have time based dialling pricing from most of
> Telco's
> based on time the call is placed! It is called PEAK (08.00- 18.00
> Mon-Fri), OFF PEAK(18.00-08.00 Mon-Fri) and WEEKEND (all other times!
>
> Could someone from any of other countries let me know if time based
> charging exists in your country?
>
> Also, what numbers (up to 999) are commonly used for emergency, police
> or other type of  public services in your country?

Time-based billing depends on the telephone company and the package you
purchase from my experience.

As for hot numbers, here is what we have locally:

911 = goes to Public Safety Answer Point (emergency)
611 = fast way to call the telco to report trouble (in some locations)
       611 is generally a free call on most mobile phone carriers.
511 = Travelers Information (in some locations)
411 = Directory Information (usually the same as dialing 555-1212
although you are almost ALWAYS billed for 411 calls while 555-1212 is
usualy free)

John