[Asterisk-Users] Re: Transfer with Budgetone

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jun 3 08:42:14 MST 2004

Nik Martin wrote:

> Holy cow.  Everyone doesn't have their own phone?  What kind of tightwad are
> you working for?  You are wasting FAR MORE money on lost productivity to
> worry about the cost of a phone.  Your boss doesn't realize that, or do you
> work in a sweatshop environment?

Putting a senior developer on researching phones for a fortnight is
probably losing them far more money than just paying someone to
implement a working system... however it's different budgets, therefore
doesn't show up on the balance sheet.

OTOH we don't need a phone each.  Mostly they just stand idle anyway.
One between two or three people is enough.

> I think your company has bigger issues than VOIP.

Yes but they're not my problem... (Losing 2.5 days a week on meetings
then holding another meeting to discuss why we're behind on all the
deadlines is either tragic or funny depending on how you look at it).
All companies seem to suffer more or less from bad management - there's
not much that those of us on the coalface can do about it.

Tony

--
All your code belongs to Santa

Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>  Key ID: 104D/4F4B6917 2003-09-13
Fingerprint: 063C AFB4 3026 F724 0AA2  02B8 E547 470E 4F4B 6917
Phone(FWD): (0845 004 5566) 413300