[Asterisk-Users] Re: Transfer with Budgetone

Nik Martin nmartin at radiancetech.com
Thu Jun 3 07:33:55 MST 2004

> > BTW: And are you sure people wouldn't like to have
> voicemail? You'll
> > need
> > to make them want that... ;-> I guess you can even argue
> that voicemail
> > increases productivity.
>
> Since we share phones (at least the developers/non customer facing
> people) voicemail wouldn't work too well because we'd get
> each others'
> messages.  The pen & sticky pad method seems to be OK.  If
> everyone had
> their own phone of course I could see it being quite useful (even a
> selling point of VOIP).

Holy cow.  Everyone doesn't have their own phone?  What kind of tightwad are
you working for?  You are wasting FAR MORE money on lost productivity to
worry about the cost of a phone.  Your boss doesn't realize that, or do you
work in a sweatshop environment?

> For most theoretical uses of conference you call a meeting - face to
> face communication can never really be replaced.

Another HUGE productivity killer.

I think your company has bigger issues than VOIP.