[Asterisk-Users] Re: Transfer with Budgetone

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jun 3 03:27:36 MST 2004

Eric Wieling wrote:
> Why are you even looking at VoIP?  Analog ports and phones are pretty
> cheap.  They are not "pretty", but they are cheap and all the smarts are
> in the PBX.

Free calls to the US, basically, since the leased line is dirt cheap to
run.  ie. the purpose of the exercise is to save money not spend it.

I don't define the parameters, just work with them...  I happened to
mention I was interested in VOIP at the wrong moment and got landed with
the task.  TBH for what they need they could save a bundle by routing
the calls through a cheap analogue telco (eg. call18866) and forgetting
VOIP for a few years until it becomes commodity hardware.

Tony