[Asterisk-Users] Re: Transfer with Budgetone

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Jun 2 23:23:02 MST 2004

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Adam Goryachev wrote:

> Well, actually they are. Sure, for $20 you can buy an analog phone, for
> $150 you can buy a grandstream, big difference. However, for a PBX class
> telephone, you are looking at prices > $500 per handset....

In Sweden, which I am sure is not the least expensive country to buy
telephone equipment in, system phoned from various vendors usually cost
$150-$250 depending mostly on screen size. This will include a lot of
features etc.

Of course, the digital system phones are mostly just an interface with a
lot of buttons being sent to the pbx. There is no reason why they should
be expensive.

Is there no way to get the cheap sip phones to send out of band signals to
asterisk so that the intelligence can be put in Asterisk?

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv at psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF