[Asterisk-Users] cisco ata-186 behind NAT

Steven Kokinos steve at kokinos.com
Wed Jun 2 13:40:57 MST 2004

i have been trying to get a newly liberated (from vonage) cisco ata-186
(sip ios v3.1) working properly with asterisk. my client is behind a
linksys wrt-54g, which up to this point hasn't proven to be a problem
(i have several sipura spa-2000's and polycom phones working just fine
behind them). (i'm running cvs-head from yesterday).

after looking at the various suggestions, i've been able to get the
device to register to asterisk, and make calls without any problem.
however, the asterisk box cannot see the adapter, and does not respond
to hangup requests (therefore it would seem that the rtp stream is
working properly in both directions, but SIP traffic is not finding
it's way back).

i have been focusing on two parameters in an attempt to get things
functioning normally - namely NatTimer and ConnectMode.

I have the following settings currently:
ConnectMode: 0x20460400 (have also tried what i've seen elsewhere -
0x00460400, and 0x01a40400)
NatTimer: 0x0054000a

I've also tried the defaults and anything else suggested by others. If
anyone has an ATA-186 running in a similar configuration and could
share their configs with me it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

-Steve