[Asterisk-Users] Simultaneous ring internal extension and external phone number?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Tue Jun 1 19:46:23 MST 2004

I have a client who is looking at replacing their PBX, and I'm
interested in putting together an Asterisk solution for them. One
feature that would really, really get their attention is if I could do
the "Vonage" thing, where if a PSTN caller dials a direct extension
(coming in over PRI) both the user's deskset _and_ an external number
(their cell phone) would ring, with either being able to answer the call.

Is there a way to do this with Asterisk? Based on my review of the
handbook and parts of the wiki, it looks like it could be done quite
easily in the dial plan. However, I have never installed Asterisk so I
am quite clueless about what will actually work :-)