[Asterisk-Users] Sipura-SPA2000 background noise

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Tue Jun 1 17:38:48 MST 2004

lists at idontknow.com wrote:
> I hear the exact same noise on 2 units I purchased a few months ago.
>
> I've been in contact with sipura support and they are willing to try
> RMA'ing one of my units. As soon as I can get to the site with the
> sipura, I'll be sending it in.
>
> I'll post my results to the list.
>
> btw, I'd have to agree that its not comfort noise, its very similar (only
> much louder) to the "hiss" that the old digium fxs modules had on the tdm
> boards.

I don't get the level of noice that has been reported.  Mine is what
I have described as a "comfort noise" and I have to listen carefully
to notice it at all.

By the way, are you running the latest firmware?  I'm using 2.0.6(c),
although I have to say that I didn't notice any noise on earlier
firmware revisions either.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz