[Asterisk-Users] Failover: iconnecthere to voicepulse

Andres andres at telesip.net
Tue Jun 1 12:48:38 MST 2004

>>So I've been wondering if there is another way.  I guess I could spawn a
>>system command that goes and looks at the current SIP connections.  But that
>>seems a bit desperate, not to mention prone to race conditions.
>>
>>Any ideas?

There is an application that can help you do exactly what you want.
This is from an old email from Olle...

*** Check app_groupcount!
-------------------------
There's a new app in Asterisk town. In fact, there are several new
applications in
CVS head. One of the major recent additions is app_groupcount, that you
can use
to limit the number of calls to, well, just about anything. A SIP peer,
a PRI link,
a call center staff member, a conference and calls to or from your boy
and/or girlfriend

The command for setting a group is setgroup(), the command for enforcing a
limitation is checkgroup().

Please start using this instead of the incominglimit and outgoinglimit
settings
in sip.conf. These are not working as expected and the more general
solution
with app_groupcount is a much better solution that works cross channels.
This
is an end-of-life warning for outgoinglimit and incominglimit

As always, the CLI command "show applications" and "show application
<name>" is
your best friend.

--
Andres