[Asterisk-Users] New to IP-PBX

Nicolas Gudino nicolas at house.com.ar
Fri Jul 30 13:31:50 MST 2004

Hello,

On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 15:39, Duraid Abbas wrote:
> I have a D/41JCT-LS Dialogic board and I want to use it as an IP-PBX.
> I'm new to IP Telephony and telephony and general and I researched a lot
> but still confused about what I really need.
>
> I know that I can setup an IP-Telephony for my LAN using a SIP server
> and SIP compatible software phones. But the challenge is how can I
> connect to the PSTN so that I can send and receive calls?

Asterisk will do a wonderfull job as a soft PBX, but my advice is to use
hardware from Digium to connet to the PSTN (FXO or T1/E1) and to connect
regular analog phones (FXS or T1/E1+ChannelBank):

http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=hardware_products

Before purchasing hardware, you can try to set up Asterisk just with SIP
softphones and get it to know the platform. Once you are comfortable you
can jump on buying some hardware.

If you do not have time to investigate yourself search for "Asterisk
consultants" on http://www.voip-info.org

Best regards,

--
Nicolas Gudino <nicolas at house.com.ar>