[SPAM] RE: [Asterisk-Users] Aastra 480e phone ADSI config

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Thu Jul 29 13:47:22 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 13:55, Steve Woolley wrote:
> 1) My phone seemed to either be pre-programmed with the Comedian mail
> scripts or asterisk did not need to be patched for my phone to have
> functional Comedian vmail access screens. I have however noticed that a
> number of the Comedian vmail screens are incomplete (saying things such
> as "Options Menu Not Done". I assume the Comedian vmail ADSI scripts are
> burned into the phone (by manufacturer) or something similar because I
> have not been able to find any Comedian scripts within Asterisk source.
> I wonder if there are more current Comedian vmail ADSI scripts
> available?

The first time you access Comedian Mail it attempts to do a FDM download
to the phone. The reason you can't find any Comedian Mail *scripts* is
that there aren't any. It is using lower level C functions to do the
ADSI data transmission instead of compiling a text file script like
asterisk.adsi. Grep the app_voicemail.c file for "adsi" and you will see
all of the ADSI code.

There are two modes of ADSI. Feature download management (FDM) mode
allows data (display text and softkey setups) to be downloaded and
stored in the ADSI telephone. This data remains active on the phone even
after the call that downloaded them has completed. Server display
control (SDC) mode is used when there is a continuous connection between
a generating device (i.e. asterisk, or a bank app that displays back
account info on your ADSI phone).

The ADSIProg application is an example of FDM mode. Comedian Mail is
sort of a combination of the two. It downloads and stores some stuff
(like softkeys) the first time you connect, but it is also SDC in the
way it transmits the number of messages you have and the name and
callerid of each one.

-Seth

--
Seth Remington