[Asterisk-Users] Zultys Zip 4x4

Mike Roberts mroberts at hcs.net
Thu Jul 29 11:13:20 MST 2004

Is anyone successfully using one of these with Asterisk?  I cannot get the
phone to register, this message keeps coming up on the Asterisk console:

Jul 29 14:11:39 NOTICE[1125350192]: chan_sip.c:7323 handle_request:
Registration from '"000BEA801CA6" <sip:000BEA801CA6 at hcs.net:5060>' failed
for '204.194.36.138'

The telephone LCD says "SIP registation rejected".

My sip.conf file looks like this for the ZIP 4x4

[2153]
type=friend                   ; either "friend" (peer+user), "peer" or
"user"
context=sip-phones
username=000BEA801CA6           ; usually matches the [section] title
callerid=Zultys <2153>
host=dynamic             ; we have a dynamic IP address
;nat=no                        ; there is not NAT between phone and Asterisk
canreinvite=yes               ; allow RTP voice traffic to bypass Asterisk
dtmfmode=rfc2833                 ; either RFC2833 or INFO for the BudgeTone
;outgoinglimit=1               ; disable callwaiting signal (2nd call to
phone)
;incominglimit=1               ; permit only 1 outgoing call at a time
mailbox=2153 at default  ; mailbox 1234 in voicemail context "default"
disallow=all                  ; need to disallow=all before we can use
allow=
allow=ulaw                    ; Note: In user sections the order of codecs
                               ; listed with allow= does NOT matter!
;allow=alaw
;allow=g723.1                  ; Asterisk only supports g723.1 pass-thru!
;allow=g729                    ; Pass-thru only unless g729 license obtained

Thanks in advance

Mike Roberts