[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again Attn: James

Charlie Hedlin charlie at hedlin.com
Thu Jul 29 10:08:14 MST 2004

I can attest that my SUPPORTED device never lost service.  This was a
Cisco 7960 configured with their TFTP config file (although from my tftp
server, I intercepted the file before allowing the phone to use it, but
didn't make any changes).

It uses the sip server sip.broadvoice.com via the SRV records for the
outbound sip proxy listed as as proxy.broadvoice.com

So, I chalked it up to confusion, they changed the rules and prevented
direct connections to their sip server.  Their supported devices worked
fine using their configuration because they the outbound proxy.

I will also admit that using a single phone on their system is totally
useless, but I plugged it in to try and narrow down the problem, within
hours of the outage start on Sunday evening.

Charlie Hedlin