[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again Attn: James

Brian McManus astbiz at mynetworkplaces.com
Tue Jul 27 17:37:36 MST 2004

I do have a few questions about the broadvoice outage:

1) Did "supported" devices ever loose service?
2) IDo "supported" devices use the same SIP server, aka, the SIP SRV
entries in sip.broadvoice.com, as asterisk would have if configured
properly?
3) Would the asterisk SIP SRVLOOKUP entry prevent non-supported devices
from loosing service during that outage?

I'm only curious because I may be giving them service, as they are the
only VoIP provider with number portability that will "allow" asterisk,
and third party SIP devices.

However, long outages are of course unacceptable.... If there
"supported" devices never lost service, i'm willing to chalk it up to a
little confusion, and assume that properly configuring DNS SRV Lookups
is how I will prevent such an outage in the future.

Brian