[Asterisk-Users] ParkAndAnnounce command !!!

Zsolt Egeto xphreak at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 29 03:38:45 MST 2004

Hi everyone

I'm very, very, very, ... very new to Asterisk and I need some help with the
ParkAndAnnounce command.

Here's what I would like to do. I would like to specify an extension in the
extension.conf file which is using the ParkAndAnnouce command (something
like this)

exten => 200,1,Answer
exten =>
200,2,ParkAndAnnounce(PARKED|60|SIP/${EXTEN}|some_context,${EXTEN},1)
exten => 200,3,Hangup

I'm writing an application in JAVA which is using the Manager interface to
manage calls and so on (I have succeeded to hardcode the call on hold and
the transfer and some other actions). In this program I use the Manager
interface to detect calls (I use the channels from the caller side and from
the calling side to put them into a call list). I would like to use the
Manager interface to park the calls from the call list. How can I pass
extensions, or for example, channel parameters to the ParkAndAnnouce command
(is it possible at all?)?

And I would like to know how to use the last part in the ParkAndAnnounce
command (return extension part) ????

I know the first part is for the messages, the second is the time after the
call is passed to the return extension (the last part), the third part is
about the extension which is used to announce the parked extenision, and the
last part consists of few subparts (context, extension, .... ) I dont really
understand this last part, the part concerning the return extension.

I had found some example files but I didnt find them very helpful (that's
cause I'm a beginner)   :)

If there's another way to park calls, it would be great if you could tell me
about it :)

Thanx for anyone in advance !!!

Greetings from Zolti