[Asterisk-Users] Workaround for BroadVoice and possibly others...

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Wed Jul 28 18:29:35 MST 2004

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004, Chris Shaw wrote:

> exten => _9NXXNXXNXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@broadvoice-out,60)
> exten => _9NXXNXXNXXX,102,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@broadvoice-out2,60)
> exten => _9NXXNXXNXXX,203,Congestion()
>
> Any thoughts? I know, I know... UGLY... but it would work I think...

so if I'm reading this correctly.. step 1 will allow a call to ring
unanswered for 60 seconds, and then roll over to t extension. Or, if the
Dial() returns an error because it couldn't reach the host in
broadvoice-out context, then we enter step 102, which tries another
context, and thus another host (this sounds similar to the situation where
somebody prefers to dial out via SIP, but falls back to zap channel if the
SIP channel failed). Finally, play congestion if step 102 failed.

That sounds to me like it has a fair chance of working.

but wait.. doesn't * add 100 to the step (is it called priority?) upon
failure? So shouldn't the numbers be 1, 101, 201, ...?

Greg