[Asterisk-Users] Problems with * and Grandstream Budgetone 100

Mike Roberts mroberts at hcs.net
Wed Jul 28 11:52:31 MST 2004

I have two problems with Asterisk and my Budgetone 100s.

1. Sometimes when outside callers dial my Budgetone it will ring twice, then
the caller will receive a busy signal.  This happens intermittently and I
cannot pin down the circumstances of when it works and when it doesn't.
Asterisk logging doesn't give me too much info when this happens:

*CLI>
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/156.170.4.98-0813f380", "SIP/2151|15") in new
stack
    -- Called 2151
    -- SIP/2151-2f5a is ringing
  == Spawn extension (from-sip, 8505232151, 1) exited non-zero on
'SIP/156.170.4.98-0813f380'

2. Outside callers do not receive ringback tone when they call my * phones.
I have tried supplying "r" as an option to the DIAL command but it does not
help.

I have not been able to find solutions on google or the wiki.

Many thanks,

Mike Roberts