[Asterisk-Users] MGCP & Caller ID

Jeremy Jones jjones at westcomllc.com
Wed Jul 28 09:11:13 MST 2004

Hi Duane (et alia),

> YES, because you could have an MGCP gateway device (more than
> one POTS line)
> ie. ours have 4
> If so you would do something like this...
>
> [2084728800103]
> host = dynamic
> context = westcomllc
> callerid = "Jeremy Jones" <103>
> nat = no
> transfer = yes
> callwaiting = yes
> threewaycalling = yes
> cancallforward = yes
> mailbox = 103 at westcomllc
> line => aaln/1
> callerid = "Jeremy Jones #2" <104>
> transfer = yes
> callwaiting = yes
> threewaycalling = yes
> cancallforward = yes
> mailbox = 104 at westcomllc
> line => aaln/2
>
> ... etc...

I have, actually, a gazillion 4-port mgcp devices from a
(recently-obtained-by-8x8) company called Centile that I've _never_ been
able to get to work properly w/* -- maybe this info'll help me here...

<...snip...>
> The fatality is that if asterisk is
> restarted, this "database of mapping" which was saved in
> memory; is now lost, so if a call came in and the end device
> was never rebooted/restarted (to accomidate the asterisk
> restart)  the mapping did not exist, as it was not saved in a
> "database" and the call would fail.  So I switched back to
> host=ip.ip.ip.ip

Yeah, that's an issue here, too.  We primarily have sip devices, though,
at all our customer sites, so it's only a problem with _my_ phone
internally, which so far doesn't bother me (I hate talking on the phone,
anyway).  If I just pick up the handset connected to the mgcp device &
hangup, that magic mapping is re-created.

I'd love to be able to deploy some of these things, though, for our
customers & I really wouldn't like all the maintainance involved in
setting up static dhcp assignments for all these mgcp devices & tying
addresses to each mgcp endpoint in mgcp.conf.  We have, as I mentioned,
tons of these mgcp thingies lying around waiting for use.

Jeremy