[Asterisk-Users] Best Linux for Asterisk

Brian D'Arcy bdarcy at akiva.com
Wed Jul 28 08:44:07 MST 2004

Hi Andy,

Before Asterisk came into my life, I hadn't used Linux since RedHat 4.7.
I did some research and decided to use one of the debian netinst images
this go around, and I couldn't be happier.

While it took me a day stumbling thru the packages and re-learning my
way around, figuring out dependencies to get everything compiled and
working etc...  I've gotta say that the Asterisk + libpri + zaptel + tts
stuff is rock solid, as is the system.  I'm running Debian Woody with
the 2.4 kernel.

This system is also in a heavily used production environment within a
software company.

Brian D'Arcy