[Asterisk-Users] IRC Etiquette

Sunrise Ltd stsltdtyo at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Jul 27 09:45:12 MST 2004

Joseph Finley wrote:

> Maybe someone can run a FAQ Bot in the channel
> as other channels do.  As soon as you join, the
> Bot /msg's you a brief list of commands &
> instructions on how to ask for help or
> resourced to look for.

Well, maybe you haven't been around for long enough to
remember it, but we did have at least two different bots
in #asterisk. It was fun for a while but in the end people
got bored and annoyed and the bots were removed.

I spent quite a bit of time feeding one of the bots with
the sort of info you'd return to a newbie asking a FAQ,
roughly 100 entries or so. Back then we didn't have the
Wiki yet. In the end all that info went down with the
removal of the bot. Today, with the Wiki in place, the
time working on a bot would almost certainly better be
spent updating the Wiki.

rgds
benjk

--
Sunrise Telephone Systems Ltd
9F Shibuya Daikyo Bldg., 1-13-5 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan