[Asterisk-Users] RE: Integrated Networks IN1002 SIP Phones?

Randy MacKay randy at creativesurface.com
Mon Jul 26 22:26:52 MST 2004

I would like to order more phones, but I'm concerned about the history of
the phones and the company.  The post on ebay said they are the manufacture,
and my emails have always been answered.  Their is no working link on the
website to download new firmware, but they say they will email me a copy
when the next version is available.  Updates are suppose to happen aprox
every 3-4  weeks.

My beginner’s assessment of the IN1002 SIP Phones:

I was able to configure the Integrated Networks IN1002 SIP Phones from the
web interface.
The PDF Manual was adequate enough for me to get it working with Asterisk.
I like the feel and display a little better than the Grandstream, but it’s
not a Cisco.
The price was very affordable ($106.99 w/ next day shipping from China) and
larger discounts on 10 or more phones.
Ring tone is changeable.
Speaker Voice readout for IP address.
Button for list of missed calls, but no time stamp to distinguish between
new and old calls.
Ring tone in ear set on SIP/SIP calls I was not able to change, and it
almost sounds like a busy signal.  Ring tone in ear set to Pots line, ring
tone was normal.  So far I have not figured it out.

My concerns:
No message waiting light/message
No missed calls message – you have to push the missed calls button, but can’
t tell when it was missed
Will I be able to get support / parts in a few years?

Randy