[Asterisk-Users] drivers, kernel 2.6 and distribution

Carlos Hernandez carlosh at linuxservices.co.nz
Mon Jul 26 19:45:12 MST 2004

I use FC2, and I have found the following:

I did not try * with the distro's kernel. I had not started with my
testing with asterisk.
I upgraded to kernel-2.6.6-1.435.2.1
I then started my testing, and had troubles loading the zaptel modules
Someone in the IRC reccomended to use 2.6.7
I did, copied the .config across, updated all the symlinks, compiled
2.6.7 (latest stable at the moment)
Zaptel now runs fine, asterisks runs fine

I am just learning all about extensions.conf. Asterisk crashes now and
then when I do something stupid on the extensions.conf. This happens
mostly when I do changes to the conf files, and do a reload, and I am
usually "ssh-ing" from a remote location and I have to wait a few hours
before getting home and hitting the reset button...)

I would say:  should * crash, it should not take the machine with it..
I really see the need of a good how-to for the dial plan.. the wiki
documentation seems patched, not in sequence, and I 'm not going to buy
books..
I also need to find out how to de-bug, or get outputs so I can check why
it crashed..

Regards,
Carlos