[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Mon Jul 26 09:22:42 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deon Rodden" <drodden at webunited.net>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again

> I'm curious, how can they distinguish a 3-way call to another long
distance
> number, vs 2 individual calls to 2 different long distance numbers (if
both
> are being piped through Asterisk).  Ie. if I used a Cisco 7960 with their
> service, and I called a number, and then 3-way'd another number, I
wouldn't
> be charged for that 2nd simul call, as 3-way calling is a feature of their
> service. Now, if I had Asterisk register with them, and had the same Cisco
> 7960 register w/ my Asterisk server and that Asterisk server pushes the
> calls out to BroadVoice, and I 3-Way called again, both calls would come
> from my Asterisk server, would they charge 3 cents a minte for that 2nd
> call? If not, what if 2 individual phones registered with my Asterisk
server
> and each phone dialed a number, both outbound lines would come from my
> Asterisk server, would I be charged 3 cents a min for that 2nd call?

I wonder the same thing... I don't think they can distinguish between *
calling 3 different numbers and 3-way calling unless the SIP header is
different for a 3-way call than it is for just a regular outbound call. For
example if in a 3-way call, the SIP header used an INVITE may include
information about the other parties then they could tell that it's a 3-way
call... I am not positive about that though, I am not very well versed in
SIP... If they offer 3-way calling though, I don't see why they don't just
allow 3 simultaneous outbound calls... Also they should offer unlimited
inbound calls because it doesn't cost them anything... But both I'm not sure
of...