[Asterisk-Users] Can't dial SIP<->EuroISDN (HFC-S based PCIISDN card): Unable to create channel of type 'Zap'

Alessandro Bissoli kleis-asterisk-dev at tiscali.it
Mon Jul 26 08:59:25 MST 2004

Hi, here's the output for zap show channels:

*CLI> zap show channels
   Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 pseudo            default
      1            default
      2            default

> or you see chan_zap.so in show modules ?

Yes:

chan_phone.so             Linux Telephony API Support              0
chan_zap.so               Zapata Telephony w/PRI                   0
pbx_config.so             Text Extension Configuration             0

> also, your extension.conf is wrong.
> instead of
> ignorepat => 9
> exten => 9,1,Dial(Zap/g1/)      ; direct outbound dialing
> exten => 9,2,Congestion

At page 36 of "The Asterisk Handbook Chapter 4: The Asterisk Dialplane",
you can read in "4.3.9 Outbound Dialing":

[directdial]
ignorepat => 9
exten => 9,1,Dial(Zap/g2/)
exten => 9,2,Congestion

> use
> exten => _9X.,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN:1})      ; direct outbound dialing
> exten => _9X.,2,Congestion
>
> then read the docs!

Unfortunately I had already tried everything you suggested and it
didn't work.
Since I've already read a lot of docs, ;) , do you have any other
suggestion, please?

Thanks,

Alessandro