[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problems again

Jeremy Hall jeremyhall at mpccorp.com
Mon Jul 26 08:28:12 MST 2004

David Hickman <> scribbled on Monday, July 26, 2004 9:12 AM:

> I do not see why people want the unlimited option.

Because some people truly do use a ton of time.  My wife is on the phone
so much that even with Nufone's low rates, it would cost me more per
month to use rated service.  So I use Broadvoice for the unlimited
inbound and outbound in-state calling, and Nufone for long distance.  We
do so little long distance that flat rate doesn't make sense for us.
But flat rate for local and inbound does.

> An "unlimited" account only makes sense if you are using your VoIP
> device to connect directly to the VoIP provider.

Again, if you have a small volume of calls, or if you have alternate
routes for a good majority of calls, then you are correct.  For example,
I use FWD's peer functionality to pass calls through to friends who have
Vonage.  That saves me quite a bit of long distance.  But there are only
a couple of friends that use Vonage, so I can't rely on that to route
the majority of my calls.

> So I pick Broadvoice after hearing how great they are.  Now they
> won't even come up.  Figures....

I know what you mean.  They have been great, but these last couple of
weeks I have had the same problems the others have.  I just chalk it up
to their low prices, and consider how much I am saving compared to my
old POTS provider, which is $25 per month or more.  Since I have a cell
phone, I can deal with periodic outages.

On the positive note, when I have called them, they have been very
responsive on the support.  At times I have gotten the voice mail, and I
have always gotten a call back, even if they haven't had a fix yet.  I
appreciate the fact that my message was received and being attended to,
rather than just ignored until the problem was resolved.

Jeremy