[Asterisk-Users] Re: Digium Cards in Boxes without Power Connectors

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 03:13:23 MST 2004

Sorry to jump in on a old thread, but just catching up after holiday...

In article <8f551a6504071212066441d83b at mail.gmail.com>,
Gabriel Millerd <gmillerd at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed on the wiki that some of the production hardware (compaq)
> doesnt have a power connector to my knowledge.
>
> I have a compaq c6400 that I would like to use for Asterisk. However
> all the drives are hot swap and the dual redundant power supply bay
> are not something i really feel like soldering wiring to.

I infer from this that some of the Digium cards do not get all their
power from the PCI bus connector, but require a separate power connector
too. I didn't know this before - is it correct? Is so, to which cards
does this apply?

Thanks
Tony
--