[Asterisk-Users] Nested/cascading "switch" statements: possible?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Jul 26 00:30:56 MST 2004

I'm lazy and decided that I didn't have the time to hack up a few
servers for testing, which I'll probably have to do if nobody answers
this mail, but it's late in this part of the world and I'm tired.  :-)

I'm wondering if the use of the "switch" statement can be nested,
such that system A has a "switch" statement that points dialplan
inclusion to server B, and server B has in that context a "switch"
statement which points to server C.  Therefore, server A knows about
extensions on server C only indirectly, through server B, though the
media path of course may actually end up going directly A->C (if it's
IAX or SIP.)

Google, the Wiki, nor my mail archives had anything that obviously
matched my search keywords, though I can swear I've seen this
question on the list before.  It sounds too good to be true, and I
know what that means...

JT