[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk CDR & UniqueID

Darryl Ross darryl at oeg.com.au
Sun Jul 25 22:04:58 MST 2004

Hey All,

We are running a small SIP/IAX termination service at the moment
(planning on growing it) with 2 asterisk machines. One terminates the
SIP/IAX calls from our customers and one is our gateway to our upstream
provider. Both machines are logging CDR data to the same postgres table
using the cdr_psql module.

The problem I am having is I'm trying to work out how to link the CDR
records into a single 'call stream', rather than having separate records
per machine the call passes through.

Reading around on the Wiki and doing a bit of googling, I've worked out
that what I'm trying to do is the "normalization" step of "CDR
mediation", but I have not been able to find out any specifics about how
to go about it.

I would have thought that the originating asterisk machine would
generate the UniqueID for the call (Message-ID in SMTP terms) and pass
that along the call path, but each machine is using the epoch timestamp
of when it sees (or records, not sure which) of the call.

I know I can use the NoCDR app on the first machine in the chain, but
that does not scale if we need to add more machines to our network.

Does:
a) anyone have any idea of what I'm trying to explain, and
b) have any pointers of where I can find more information about doing this?

Thanks
Darryl

--

If you want to live up to the whole "There is more than one way to
     do it" slogan, you have to give someone a swiss army chainsaw ...