[Asterisk-Users] Incoming SIP gateway context?

Stefan Reuter asterisk at stefan.de
Sun Jul 25 17:08:10 MST 2004

> The problem I'm having with understanding this is for incoming calls
> from broadvoice. If I remove the "context=from-broadvoice" from the
> above, incoming calls from broadvoice are dropped into the bogon-calls
> context (no service available message).

just add the context = from-broadvoice to the [broadvoice] section like this:

[general]
context = bogon-calls   ; Send SIP callers that we don't know about here

[broadvoice]
type=friend
username=3035391111
host=...
context=from-broadvoice

i also have a fromuser (value equals username), fromdomain
(value equals host) and insecure=very entry in that section to
direct incoming calls from sipgate to the right context.
as there is no way (other than the originating host) to identify
such calls the we context used there should be quite limited.

> I've tried several different approaches to define another context
> with type=user, but can never get test calls from broadvoice to be
> handled in anything other then the bogon-calls context.

i use type=friend to handle incoming and outgoing connections in the
same section, but you can also define one with type=peer and one with
type=user.

hope that helps,
stefan