[Asterisk-Users] Incoming SIP gateway context?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Jul 25 16:47:20 MST 2004

I just started service with Broadvoice.com and everything seems to work.
However, apparently my understanding of incoming sip contexts is less
then what I thought it was. Could someone point me in the right direction?
(* on a public address, CVS-HEAD-07/12/04, C7960 phones)

In my sip.conf I have:
[general]
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
allow=ulaw
tos=0x18  ;sets ip tos bits (=lowdelay and throughput)
context = bogon-calls   ; Send SIP callers that we don't know about here
context=from-broadvoice
register=3035391111:secret at sip.broadvoice.com/5391111
 <snip>
[broadvoice] ;this is referenced for outgoing calls to Broadvoice.com
type=peer
username=3035391111
 <snip>

The problem I'm having with understanding this is for incoming calls
from broadvoice. If I remove the "context=from-broadvoice" from the
above, incoming calls from broadvoice are dropped into the bogon-calls
context (no service available message).

I've tried several different approaches to define another context
with type=user, but can never get test calls from broadvoice to be
handled in anything other then the bogon-calls context.

What am I missing?

Rich