[Asterisk-Users] which DB to use? or Why Berkley DB vs. MySQL, etc

Alex Malinovich demonbane at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 17:02:29 MST 2004

On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 11:24:09 -0400, Frank <frank at impactservices.biz> wrote:
> What are the criteria you use to select which DB to use with *
>         Built in DB1/Berkley DB
>         MySQL add in
>         Postgres
>         Unix odbc
>         Brian's dbodbc
>
> Beyond just having a relational DB or not.
>
> Performance?
> DB size?
> Ease of Access?
> Portability?
> Gui/browser access

IMHO, there's only two (maybe 3) worthwhile options there. One is
BerkleyDB. It's simple, it works, no extra work on your part. If
you're going to be in a very active environment with LOTS of DB access
going on, you go with options 2&3. MySQL or PostgreSQL. With regards
to Asterisk, I'd say they're both about equal. It comes down to
personal preference for the most part. If you prefer (or are already
running) MySQL, use that. If you prefer (or are already running)
PostgreSQL, use that. Other than that, I don't think there are really
all that many other options.