[Asterisk-Users] which DB to use? or Why Berkley DB vs. MySQL, etc

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Jul 25 08:54:09 MST 2004

On Sunday 25 July 2004 11:24, Frank wrote:
> What are the criteria you use to select which DB to use with *
> 	Built in DB1/Berkley DB
> 	MySQL add in
> 	Postgres
> 	Unix odbc
> 	Brian's dbodbc

If you don't need the relational aspects I'd probably use DB1/Berkely -- it's
small, robust and works.

odbc shoudl work for anything else -- I very much doubt you'll ever run into
performance issues with * and odbc, and by not locking yourself into a
specific DB you can always upgrade/try others.

My fanatical side would choose postgres.  :-)

-A.