[Asterisk-Users] how do I play congestion tone when Zap channels are full?

Joe Babstock joebabstock at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 15:33:07 MST 2004

I read the wiki and looked at the examples, but I'm
still having problems. I have a Digium 4 port card
with POTS lines plugged into all four ports. How do I
play the congestion tone the the caller when they try
and dial out but all the lines are in use?

should something like this work?

[dial-trunklocal]
; Local calls
ignorepat => 9
exten => _9NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK1}/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9NXXXXXX,2,Congestion
exten => _9NXXXXXX,3,Playtones(congestion)
exten => _9NXXXXXX,102,Busy
exten => _9NXXXXXX,103,Playtones(busy)