[Asterisk-Users] RE: Layer 3 VPN Question

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Sun Jul 25 11:47:31 MST 2004

Hi,
Please keep this discussion on-list. I did search the list 3 weeks ago
on not much usable did show up.

Here is my scenario, fyi.
I have sip/iax phones registered on my * server.
My ISP can also do A-Z termination and provide local did numbers and
controls Qos via VLAN/CoS.
If I use the right VLAN tag and CoS then traffic is prioritized over my
normal internet traffic.
I did buy a small switch/router (Micronet sp1678) which can set the VLAN
tags and supports CoS per port
but I still feel the solution is a bit clumsy. I would rather use my
Linux (RH9) to do the same. I am pretty sure it can
but I haven't had any time yet to investigate how, so let the list
benefit from configuration experiences in this area.

Freddi