[Asterisk-Users] Layer 3 VPN Question

W. Kevin Hunt Kevin at hbcorporate.com
Sun Jul 25 07:45:56 MST 2004

Sorry, there seems to be an above average amount of squaking about
either where to post answers (top or bottom posting) and when to take it
offline.  I'll be happy to answer online now that at least 2 people are
interested...

As far as the question, what is the exact setup you are attempting to
accomplish -
A.) have the switch tell the phone which vlan to tag voice traffic and
which vlan to tag data traffic ?

B.) have the switch force all traffic f/ the phone into VLAN X and route
it to the asterisk server on VLAN Y ?

C.) same as B., but have a router handle the layer 3 work

D.) ??? something else

W. Kevin Hunt

CCIE #11841
MCSE, Linux+ SME