[Asterisk-Users] Help with T1 PRI Configuration

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Sat Jul 24 21:30:06 MST 2004

Sakliger at aol.com wrote:

> 1. Dial Tone - No, Yes - Precise, Yes - SCC

Not relevant on a PRI.

> 2. Framing - SF, ESF

ESF

> 3. Line Coding - AMI, B8ZS

B8ZS

> 4. Signaling Type - Ground Start, E&M, Loop Start w/Ring, Loop Start w/o Ring

The signalling type is "PRI", none of the rest of these are relevant.

> 5. Pulse Mode - DTMF, MF

Not relevant on a PRI.

> 6. Outpulse Start - Wink, Immediate, Seizure

Not relevant on a PRI.

> 7. If Seizure then - Origination, Digit Collection.

Not relevant on a PRI.

> I'm not sure of the correct answers to any of these.  I do know that I want
> to be able to get caller ID and the number dialed for the application that I'm
> building.

Most of these questions are for trunks being delivered over a T-1, not
for PRI. If you are truly ordering PRI service (which is the more
powerful of the two) then these questions don't apply :-)